A unique workshops to improve physical health and sports performance through breath and functional movement
Open to anyone looking to improve their health, fitness and achieve a sense of enjoyment and fluidity in movement regardless of age, fitness level, skill set or training regime. From beginner runners to ultra marathoners, those who have never exercised to fitness buffs.
Saturday 30th March 2019
The Oxygen Advantage will address dysfunction breathing patterns to improve breathing in everyday life. Start with this and improve your physical fitness and sports performance.
- The science behind breathing
- Tests to detect any breathing pattern disorders such as chronic hyperventilation
- Practical functional movement exercises to improve breathing
- Breath-hold exercises to encourage your body to tolerate build up of CO2 and thus reduce breathlessness during exercise, improve aerobic threshold and VO2 max
- Tips for better sleep and reduced stress
- The science behind meditation
- Build the Foundations of Good Running uses the Chi Running technique to improve running efficiency, reduce risk of injury and bring enjoyment back to your running. Chi Running is based on age-old movement principles of Tai Chi, focusing on movement from the body’s centre of gravity.
- The importance of body awareness
- How to improve posture
- Key breathing focuses to make running and walking less effort
- How to speed up by relaxing
- The importance of rhythm
- How to use gravity and the force of the oncoming road to help rather than hinder forward momentum
- How to incorporate form focuses and visualisation into any training programme