Drinking fresh lemon in warm water everyday before breakfast
We have all heard the benefits of drinking lemon water in the morning, so I thought I would look into why it’s good for us from experts and try it myself for 4 weeks to see what the fuss is about.
I did some research to find out the health benefits from a more scientific perspective, and was very impressed with what I found.
My experience with drinking lemon water first thing was enlightening too … the most notable was a daily bowel movement, yes sorry not something that’s talked about. This was a great start to my day, because it made me feel light and healthy.
- Aids digestion– The warm water helps stimulate the gastrointestinal tract, and the lemon helps loosen any toxins in the digestive tract.
- Detoxifies the skin and body– As a natural diuretic, lemons help flush the body of any toxins by increasing the rate of urination. Their high vitamin C content also removes impurities from the blood, leading to clearer, more radiant skin.
- Boosts immunity– Lemons are high in both vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds, and potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function and controls blood pressure.
- Helps curb the coffee habit– Lemon water is a healthier replacement to coffee on an empty stomach. Drinking good quality coffee isn’t bad for you, it’s when you drink it and how often is what you need to think about.
- Helps with weight loss– Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps keep the body fuller, longer. They’re also a mild diuretic and very alkaline; alkaline bodies have been shown to lost weight faster.
Some Guidelines Before You Start
Water Temperature: Your water should be lukewarm to mildly hot. Cold water will shock your body, and boiling water will kill the beneficial enzymes present in the lemon.
Protect Your Teeth: Because of the acidity of the lemon, it’s a good idea to drink your lemon water through a straw to protect your teeth or brush your teeth soon after you’ve had your breakfast to get rid of the acidity.
Fresh vs. Bottled Lemon: Freshly squeezed lemon is better than bottled. I just fill up my glass with water, squeeze a lemon wedge over the water, then drop the wedge into the glass, stabbing it a few times to release more of the juice and the fibrous pulp into the water.
My Takeaway: It is definitely worth implementing this daily routine to your morning, the research is clear and I felt the positive affects after a week. Go for it!
Classes timetable & booking
If you have any questions, concerns please CONTACT ME, I’d love to hear from you.
Follow me on Instagram