An increased number of people are turning to health & wellness coaches to help them ditch bad habits and adopt new & healthier ones.
What Is a Health Coach?
A health coach is your personal health and wellness guide. I help you implement lifestyle changes over 3 or 6 months to improve your physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing.
I will typically address six key areas that affect wellness, with topics branching off into other categories.
The key areas are:
- Time Management
If one of these areas is out of balance, it’s likely some of the others are too. Someone who isn’t very physically active may also be highly stressed, not sleeping well or not eating well. Combined, it can feel overwhelming.
I can help you sort out where to start and make small changes that are incorporated into your day/week that will grow over time and can become your new healthier habits.
How Can I Help You?
Together we, will figure out what’s keeping you from reaching your health goals. I will regularly check in with you via email, Zoom, by phone or in-person, usually over the course of three or six months. During these meetings, I will be asking questions to get you thinking about how you can overcome challenges and I will be offering suggestions. Together we form a weekly, monthly, and quarterly plan going forward.
The most common obstacles people face are their own negative thoughts about themselves, being confused by all the “how to get healthy” information and staying motivated. I will help you work through some of your thought patterns, we will discover what’s blocking them and following through with a sustainable lifelong plan that works.
Your first session will last 2 hours. In this time, we will go through your medical history, you will have been asked for a 4-day food diary before the appointment, your exercise routine if you have one, we will discuss your stress levels and anything else you feel is stopping you from feeling and doing your best.
Health coaching isn’t mentoring where someone is telling you the answers. A health coach shows up for you in whatever way you need and helps guide you through your innate wisdom so after our time together you feel empowered to live your best life with tools that work for you.
Benefits Of Having a Health Coach:
Change is often difficult, even when it’s something we really want. Sometimes it even feels downright impossible. The benefit of a health coach is having someone fully qualified guiding and motivating you every step of the way, to be your best vibrant self.
One study found that people who went through three months of health coaching significantly improved on the following:
- Blood Pressure
- Glucose (blood sugar)
- Triglyceride (blood fat)
- Body weight
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Sleep disorders
As a health coach I can help you with the following:
- Overwhelmed about work, family life & personal relationships
- Stress that is impacting your weight, health & work life balance
- An exercise routine that works for you and is sustainable
- Diet plan either just for healthy eating or weight loss
- Better posture, back issues, hypermobility, as I am a qualified yoga teacher with 20 years’ experience
- De-clutter your pantry, help you understand food labels and a food shopping trip
- Can tackle all aspects of sleep issues, routine and feeling refreshed on waking
- Tips and ideas on food, recipes and healthy living
- Mindfulness & breathing techniques
- Teach you how to make Kombucha or supply you with it (super healthy gut bacteria fizzy drink – that could balance out your evening tipple!)
- Chemical free household & body care products that are better for you, your family, and the environment
- Managing financial stress
I can help and support clients to see they have the strength they need to start making positive changes to their wellbeing. I work on the possibilities based on your unique situation, taking into account your work/family life commitments and ability, so that it’s simpler and easier to make sustainable changes.
As a Health Coach I also Provide:
- Accountability – Knowing that you have to check in with me about your progress can give you the push you need to move forward
- Encouragement – I act as a cheerleader to pick you up when you are having a bad day
- Unconditional Support – I do not judge your actions. I help you come to your own conclusions about what works and what doesn’t in reaching your goals
What Changes Will You See After Your Time with Me?
You will feel calm & motivated. Have an improved digestion, and a clearer mind. You will be in control of your health and life again and have more energy to pursue the things you love.
After our time together you will have gained great new habits and tools that you can tap into whenever life throws you a curveball!
Switching to a healthier lifestyle can affect everything, with increased energy and motivation you’ll be able to do more and live your best life with sustainable tools that absolutely work.